tisdag 10 augusti 2010

23) A logo story

It took me 5 bloody months to have a ”workable” logo. I was going crazy, depressed and lost the previous last weeks. I have to thank a lot to my good friend Ville who gave me a big help with my business.

I'm not 100% happy with the logo, but at least is possible for me to work with it since a lot of my marketing will be related to the logo.

The triangle Name – Logo – Patent/Trademark is now going to the big arena, one country per one country, it will be registered. If my research was well done, then it is a matter of just waiting for the Patent/trademark to go through the whole patent/trademark process then to the opposition period and then finally (and hopefully) get a paper that says I own the rights over a trademark, my trademark.

Let's remember that this is not for free and I must pay, either to a trademark (lawyer) buffet or directly to the authorities:

a) Through a legal representative: It has a lot of positive advantages, but of course you will have to pay more. In some countries, because of local regulations you can't registered a trademark by yourself. Advices? Read a lot... do a lot of research and consider what is the best option.

b) Directly to the local trademark authorities: It's cheaper, much cheaper. Specially if you are working with a very tight budget. Nevertheless you have to do all the possible researches that you must do. Read a lot before contacting the trademark authorities, otherwise they might just tell you “get accustomed to our website by reading it”, which is true :)

I can not recommend what is best for everybody except for this: Even if you are hiring someone to do this job, any job, for you, you must read and prepare yourself as much as possible. Depending the scale of the business you will know what option suits you.

Here is the link of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)

http://www.wipo.int/directory/en/urls.jsp

It contains a list of all the intellectual property organizations in every single country.

There is a lot to read, but in some point the information becomes similar and it's interesting to detect the legal differences among the countries trademark laws.

Google a lot, read a lot and make the decisions that need to be made upon all the information you have found and received.

Good luck! :)


p.s. No sauna this time, but some swimming :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar